The FAQ's (The Frequently Asked Questions)
When & Where Do We Meet
- We meet on Sundays at 9:00am with our Voices of Destiny ushering us into the presence of the Lord in our Worship Center located at 100 3rd Ave S.W, Glen Burnie MD 21061
What is a Worship Celebration at Greater Destiny Like?
- Our Worship Services generally last no more than 1 hour and 30 minutes and includes a mixture of contemporary and traditional Praise & Worship music and a message from our Pastor that is conveys the truths directly from the Bible, but delivered in an 'applicational' manner that will cause one to not only be hearers of the Word of God, but doers as well. By the time you leave, you will be challenged, refreshed and ready to face the week with renewed passion - and a purpose that includes living for something greater than yourself.
What Can I Expect When I Attend?
- You will be greeted at the door by a friendly, smiling greeter who will welcome you in Jesus name and remind you to "forget about yourself, concentrate on Him (Jesus) and worship Christ the Lord". Our Ushers will sit you 'wherever you want', even if we have to make someone move just for you! Greater Destiny is not into tradition and we believe that the Spirit of the Lord must have free reign in our Worship Service so while we have a 'program of things we would like to accomplish', we are always obedient to the Spirit. If you come 'expecting something', we promise you will 'leave with something'!
How Should I Dress?
- What do you normally wear when you are hanging out with your friends? We don't believe that the clothing we wear makes us any more holy and so if you want to wear your jeans, please feel free. If you prefer to put on a suit and skirt, feel free to do so as long as it doesn't stop you from praising the Lord. Our Pastor is not concerned about your outside clothing, but he is concerned about your inside character.
How Do You Treat Those Who Are Struggling with Some Issues?
- Sshhh... We are not sure why it is such a secret in the 'traditional' churches, but we ALL have some issues including the Pastor & The Leaders so bring your issues with you because Greater Destiny is a hospital for those with issues. Some still struggle with smoking, drinking, gambling, cussing, shacking, lying, gossiping (ok.. you get the hint). The bottom line is at Greater Destiny, we want you to come as YOU ARE and then as you spend time hearing and growing in the Word of God, God will begin to fix our issues. Notice, we didn't say you will be sinless, but that you will sin less and less every day
What's the Deal with the Pastor?
- The Jury is still out. There are some that truly believe he was dropped on his head as a youngster and that's why he acts so crazy! There are some that believe that he must have 'tricked' his wife into marrying him because of his history and testimony. And yet there some who believe He is a man after God's own heart who genuinely loves people and wants to see them reach their full potential. Again, the jury is still out but come and see for yourself!